WHEN I STITCH I FEEL ... ALL OF THIS!
I posted this image on Instagram and the response from others stitchers expressing how they feel when they stitch melted my heart. I have revisited each comment many times and I can't help but feel all warm and fuzzy when I read them. I thought you would like to read them too. How do you feel? Would you like to feel this too?
THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID:
- @organicmomvintage I love it! I have LOTS of crewel kits but haven't started!
- @rubysewoh I feel content, calm, focus, inspired, enjoyment, when I stitch with my hands 💘
- @lisaclarknoe My busy lunatic mother head unwinds a little when I stitch. Is my yoga and mediation.
- @mylittle_caravan Me too. I'm DETERMINED to make time to create this year instead of just admin admin admin! IN FACT... I actually sat down last Friday and started creating with 2 little mini hoops! Lol. What a co-incidence.
- @trudicanavan I get in 'the zone' where the hours slip by in the simple joy of creating.
- @loopyinlove It's like my special place, me time and love the creativity that flows. Loopy too.
- @craftycarlasboutique Peacefully serene and when I can't do even just a little stitching I get grumpy. It's magical to see a piece come alive with color.
- @elmtreeee I feel creative, focused, imaginative, calm, inspired, proud, hopeful, slightly nervous in a good way, thoughtful. and happy!
- @notquitenans I feel like I'm actually accomplishing something when I get to stitch/embroider/sew. Rather than bumping into and managing things like I usually do! 😜
- @oh_janet I feel productive, which in turn makes me feel relaxed. Sounds weird, right? But having a small online biz gives me freedom to set my own hours and pace. I love the feeling of accomplishment that goes along with finishing a project.
- @crafty.pug I feel like I'm doing what I was created to do. There is a synergy in making and being, I think. As a Mum, it's also nice to do something that doesn't need to be redone again tomorrow! (Washing, ironing, cleaning floors.....😄)
- @thefaithfulthread @elmtreeee that's exactly how I feel! You summed it up perfectly.
- @secondhanddaisy It makes my heart sing. 💞
- @brynnandcoshop Fulfilled. It's what I feel.
- @joyfulflair No day is ever complete till needle, thread & fabric meet.....! Agree? Lisbeth @silent_rangr ... Kylie @kjbrad One little stitch will do, but more will be more satisfying.
- @silent_rangr As always @dandelyne and @joyfulflair and all the other commenters, so so true. Big stitching goals for each month of this year, including going to BATB with @joyfulflair, @kjbrad and FiFi. That goal may not eventuate but if I don't put it out there, it doesn't stand a chance!
- @joyfulflair Try try and try again to make it work - daily, weekly, monthly- just a couple of stitches a day @silent_rangr. I'll collect you on the way to BATB in Adelaide with @kjbrad in tow. Fingers crossed my lovely daughters. Xoxoxo
- @isabellemcgarvie I can't put it succinctly. When i sew i am doing something that is physical, tactile. Something my grandmother could do but a skill my mother never bothered with. Many of my friends can't sew/knit/bake etc. It gives me an odd sense of belonging to something bigger than me, when I create. Blimey- I only had a glass and half of red, honestly! 😨
- @daisyeyes Probably sounds haughty - but I feel a lot of times powerful...that the works my hands can create something complicated out of something so simple as a needle and thread.
- @haitihoopsboutique I feel peaceful, and creative. The right side of my brain enjoys the self-care! 👊🏽💗
- @crossedpromise Taking simple tools and using them in extraordinary ways connects me to stitchers everywhere. It's more than a hobby, it's an art form passed down, generation to generation, making beautiful and tactile pieces throughout history. I feel a sense of community.
- @undiscoveredoptimist I feel quiet, which I very much enjoy after my day with three small children!
- @linda_sew I love "coloring with thread"! @dandelyne you are an inspiration.... and you always make me smile!😊
- @mrsdennis93 I feel relaxed, at peace, happy...
- @toocrewel Relaxed and content
How do you feel? Would you like to feel this too?